As a guest on the radio show, Ask the Experts, we talked about three important retirement topics. When planning for the retirement years, we need to think about Social Security, Medicare and paying for long-term care, whether at home, in an assisted living facility or in a nursing home.
Listen to the radio episode on planning for the retirement years here:
Listen here: Planning for the Retirement Years
Important Retirement planning topics covered in our discussion:
- How does it work when you take your Social Security retirement benefits?
- How big of a problem is Social Security becoming insolvent? When would it happen? Can anything be done?
- How will problems with Social Security insolvency affect people who are already receiving Social Security?
- What should we know about 401ks and traditional IRAs?
- What do we need to know about retirement health care?
- What is long-term care?
- How does assisted living work? Who pays for it?
- What is memory care?
- When does someone go to a nursing home?
- How do people qualify for nursing home Medicaid?
The earlier you plan for retirement, the more options you will have.
Unlock your future.
Elder law attorney, Terry Garrett, is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and is an Approved Guardianship Attorney. She assists people in elder law, estate and special needs planning, guardianship and settling estates. She graduated with honors from Cornell University. She was on the Dean’s List at Wharton Business School. She earned her J.D. at Columbia Law School, receiving the Parker Award and a Mellon Fellowship.