As a recent guest on the radio show, Ask the Experts, we talked about probate. We answered a common question, “why do you want to avoid probate?” And, we talked about ways to make sure your final wishes are taken care of.
Listen to the radio episode on Probate here: Wills and Probate with The Garrett Law Firm or click below.
Important topics covered in our discussion:
- What is probate anyway?
- How do you prove a Will is the Will of the person who died?
- What if there is no Will?
- Why is it that so many people want to avoid probate?
- Doesn’t probate take a long time?
- How can I settle an estate without probate?
- What if I don’t have a Will?
Other helpful resources:
- Probate Your Will & Determine Heirships in Texas
- Why you need a Will in Texas
- Probate and Non-Probate Assets in Texas
- Attorney Terry Garrett advises people in Central Texas who are probating and settling estates.
Unlock your future.
Elder law attorney, Terry Garrett, is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and is an Approved Guardianship Attorney. She assists people in elder law, estate and special needs planning, guardianship and settling estates. She graduated with honors from Cornell University. She was on the Dean’s List at Wharton Business School. She earned her J.D. at Columbia Law School, receiving the Parker Award and a Mellon Fellowship.